Your DX4000 speed trap / radar detector has been delivered with the most up-to-date information already installed. However, it is possible to update the speed trap database and speed limit information when a new database is released, as well the system software and firmware if or when any software improvements are made.
Follow these instructions to update the speed trap database.
1. Visit our website www.aguriworld.co.uk and got to the ‘Software updates’ section of the website or use the ‘Search’ box that can be found to the top right-hand corner of the screen to search for ‘DX4000 updates’ Download the following zipped folder:-
DX4000 Updates. Speed trap database update : “update_warn.zip”
2. After downloading the ‘zipped’ folder to your computer, un-zip it using appropriate ‘Zip’ software. If you don’t already have any ‘Zip’ software, there are many free versions available online, such as www.7zip.org (please see link at bottom of page for further details) Once you have unzipped this folder you should see another folder inside called ‘aguri’
3. Next, remove the SD card from the DX4000 and insert it into your computer using the SD card adaptor supplied. Go to ‘File explorer’ on your PC to locate the SD card and double click it to open it so you can see its contents.
4. Next, drag, or copy and paste the ‘aguri’ folder directly onto the SD card. Please note that you do not need to open the ‘aguri’ folder, simply put the folder directly on to the root of the SD card (do not put it in any other folders on the SD card, put it straight on to the card itself) Remove the SD card from your computer and re-insert it into your DX4000.
5. Finally, power on the DX4000 and wait while it automatically updates itself. A message will appear on the screen, advising you of its progress. Once the update has been successfully installed, the LCD will revert to the normal ‘standby’ screen and your DX4000 will be ready to use again.